Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Works of Thomas Ott


At least once a week I head up the block to my favorite comic shop to take a peek at what's out and what's new. There are a few main stream comics that I love to follow but I do like to take a peek at the Indie section and I am always looking at the art books to find inspiration.

Today I found the awesome works of Thomas Ott and I instantly became a fan. Thomas Ott is from Zurich Germany and he draws wordless scratchboard comics which in my opinion are pretty awesome. He most always uses silent cinema as a motif and his plot twists will delight fans of classic horror and will haunt you long after you've put the book down.

I invite you to go to his WEBSITE and take a look at his art (it's in German so you will need to use bablefish.) Also he has a FACEBOOK fan page that you can stroll on over to and see more of his work.

If your interested in buying any of his books you can at FANTAGRAPHICS I suggest R.I.P Best of 1985-2004 which I have pictured below. It's one of my newest favorites!

You never know when you will find a good suspense/horror story that will get those gears in your mind turning but today I found a whole book of them by Thomas Ott. I hope you will check them out and if you do please let me know what you think. There is some good stuff in there and for all you Halloween and Haunt fanatics I am sure you will both enjoy these stories and find some inspiration in them.






2 comments:

Chris 'Frog Queen' Davis said...

Oh, great find. Thanks for sharing. Will definitely be hunting that down :)

Cheers!

Grimlock Manor said...

No problem! It's a great book, awesome illustration and the stories are very entertaining especially since there are no words.

Post a Comment