Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Troll Hunter Movie

Hey Frightners!

So I am working on my first movie review here. Now I didn't want to post this until I actually had watched the movie but I figured it couldn't hurt to talk about the movie first then come back with my review and reactions to it.

The movie is question is TROLL HUNTER. This past weekend I was talking about various indie horror movies and other foreign films in the sci-fi, horror and fantasy genre and Troll Hunter was one that was brought to my attention. It sounded so interesting that I decided to go out and get it!



The synopsis of the film is this: A group of filmakers get more than they bargained for while investigating a series of mysterious bear killings only to learn that there are much more dangerous things going on. They start following a mysterious hunter, learning that he is actually a troll hunter who is tasked with protecting Norway from Giant trolls.


The movie premiered at the Sundance Film Festival in 2010 to great reviews and though it was made on a very limited budget the special effects are said to be pretty good. Of course I should note that those of ous who do not speak Norwegian will have to watch the movie with subtitles which I know can be a pain but I am not adverse to doing so for a movie that sounds and looks pretty neat.

I have attached a few stills from the movie below and if you would like to view the trailer for the film just CLICK HERE.

I will be back with my review soon but if you have seen this film I would love to know what you thought. Again, thanks goes to GhoulishCop for bringing this film to my attention.




0 comments:

Post a Comment