Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Springheeled Jack

Hello All!

I'm on a slight animated video kick recently. I love all the old school 80's cartoons like He-Man, Thundercats, G.I. Joe, Transformers (and on, and on!) I also really love stop motion animation and 3D animated flicks. I'm a HUGE Tim Burton fan (who isn't) and absolutely LOVE The Nightmare Before Christmas, I even had a Nightmare Before Christmas themed wedding! With all that said, I'm always on the look out for some unique short films I've never heard of or a cool stop motion or CG film and if it has a spooky vibe to it then that's even better.

In my last post I wrote about the stop motion series "What It's Like Being Alone." If anyone has taken a few minutes to watch any of the series I would love to see some comments in the post for the series to see what you thought about it.

Today I am writing about a short CG animated film called Spring Heeled Jack. I don't have much info on the film other than it was created by Geof Wolfenden. I do know a little something about the actual character however! Spring Heeled Jack is a character from English folklore said to have existed during the Victorian era and able to jump extraordinarily high.  SH Jack was described by people claiming to have seen him as having a terrifying and frightful appearance, with clawed hands and eyes that resembled red balls of fire! You can actually read more about SH Jack on Wikipedia if your interested in a more in depth look at the character.

This short film seems to show off the character os SH Jack just as explained above. It's a fun concept for a film and I think it's a unique character concept. The CG isn't spectacular but the narrator does a great job with the story and the soundtrack gives it that little something extra.

Overall I felt it was a fun little short film with a christmasy/halloween-ish feel too it that I hope you will enjoy! Please feel free to let me know what you thought!



Spring Heeled Jack from Geof Wolfenden on Vimeo.

0 comments:

Post a Comment