Tuesday, December 28, 2010

"Silent House" Movie at Sundance

Hi Everybody!

So I haven't posted since the contest came to it's completion. I want to take a quick moment again to say thank you to all who entered and signed up to follow the blog! We have begun to contact everyone to send out some cool swag so be on the look out and remember to keep checking in as we intend on running more contest in the near future. The next giveaway we have in mind is a 12VDC Wiper Motor...sound good?! Just have to think up the contest now!

So onto the post for today. Now I am not much of a movie reviewer. I mean I can't really do it up like my friend Johnny Thunder on Hauntcast does but I did come across what seems to be an interesting horror movie that I am not sure everyone has heard of just yet? It's called "Silent House" and it is from the same directors who brought us Open Water.

The official synopsis is as follows: "A hauntingly choreographed descent into madness based on the Uruguayan film "La Casa Muda". Laura Lau adapted the script, and Lau and Kentis co-directed a cast that includes Elizaberth Olsen, Eric Sheffer Stevens, Julia Taylor Ross, Adam Trese, Haley Murphy, and Adam Barnett. The press release promises that the film is "truly a unique horror experience with immediate intimacy and unsettling terror."

The most interesting thing about this film seems to be that it was only shot from one long continuous camera shot from a photo camera! That sounds crazy! I would just be interested to see how that would work out. It seems like horror flicks these days are really trying to break everything down to the bare bones and get to the core of what really scares us. It's that freaky factor over the blood and guts and gore.

I've added the trailer from youtube with a few links to various write ups. If anyone else knows anything about the movie please feel free to post about it but overall I think it looks interesting especially the very last split second of the trailer when she opens the door..whooooo scaryyyyy!!!

Silent House @ Sundance

0 comments:

Post a Comment