Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Ghostbusters 3 News

Hello All,

So I was just browsing around the internet and came across an update on the hopefully upcoming Ghostbusters Three Movie. A script has been in the works for some time now and apparently Ivan Reitman (The Director) has sent the latest version which he says is "very good" to Bill Murry for his approval. The fate of the movie seems to depend on Murrys thumbs up as well it should because a Ghostbusters movie without Peter Venkman just wouldn't be a Ghostbuster movie worth watching. Check out the latest on the film Here

I'd also like to comment quickly on a movie I watch last night which features Dan Aykroyd another of the Ghostbuster team members. The movie is called Nothing But Trouble. Nothing But Trouble was made in 1991 and features Dan Aykroyd, Chevy Chase, John Candy & Demi Moore. To sum the movie up, a business man (Chevy Chase) finds he and his friends the prisoners of a sadistic judge and his equally off family in the backwoods of a bizarre mansion.

I own Nothing But Trouble on DVD (got it for $5!). It was one of those movies I remember catching on a Sunday afternoon and I didn't know why I was watching it but I got sucked into it. The story and characters are odd but as I was re-watching it last night I started thinking what good reference it was for a Haunted House. The mansion that Dan Aykroyd's character Judge Alvin "J.P." Valkenheiser lives in is pretty cool. Everything about it would make for a good haunt all together but there is plenty you can dissect and use as reference for scenes in your haunt and I think I may just do the same.

As a home haunter I'd suggest taking a peek at this film. It's not going to go into anyones top 5, 10, 15 or 20 films of all time or maybe not even top 100 for that matter but as reference for a quirky, wacky mansion it is A+ material and I am sure you can draw some inspiration for your haunts from Nothing But Trouble.



Stay Scary!

0 comments:

Post a Comment