Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Creepy Puppet Project.

Hello hello!

Tonight I wanted to write about something I came upon last year which just came to mind today as I was looking at some youtube videos, The Creepy Puppet Project.

I came across The Creepy Puppet Project while doing a search for zombie animations last year on youtube and I was instantly hooked. Matt Ficner is the creator of the CPP and has been working on a number of shorts for CPP since 2007. He's built a a pretty loyal fan base and I think it is with good reason.

I remember watching the Muppets and Fraggle Rock all the time when I was growing up, I loved them! Something about the characters just stuck in my head. Even though they were just foam puppets the puppeteers brought such life to them and unlike cartoon characters these characters seemed to be more relatable. They were fun to watch, the stories were always good and it was something different aside from your every day cartoons (not knocking cartoons because I love them!)

I think Matt is trying to bring back that unique quality that puppets can bring to the media world. Granted we live in a world where CG animated films and cartoons rule but to see something like the CPP make it's way on TV would be cool.

Check out his youtube channel and his website. Also I've added the short he made that explains the Creepy Puppet Project below. I hope you enjoy!



0 comments:

Post a Comment